It’s easy to take what your HVAC system does for you year-round for granted. But just like everything else in your home, heating and cooling systems need to be looked after. Explore this list of links to learn more about air conditioners, heaters, HVAC maintenance, and energy savings.
- Learn about how people survived heat waves before air conditioning by visiting this link.
- Air conditioners break down more during heat waves as temperatures push them to their limit. All those humming air conditioners also push the power grid to its limit. Read this article from Reuters and consider improving the energy efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Central air conditioners are the best cooling option for reducing indoor humidity and preventing the high levels of humidity that encourage mold growth in a home. Check out these ten things you should know about mold from the EPA.
- Do you have mildew, mold, or musty odors in your home? Find out why EnergyStar.gov recommends having your AC system checked.
- Pretty soon it’ll be time to fire up that furnace again, but is your unit ready for another long winter? Get some advice for maintaining your furnace or boiler from EnergySavers.gov.
Choose quality, reliability, and experience for your heating and cooling repair needs. Choose South Shore Fuel. We’ve been serving Massachusetts since the 1890s and can’t wait to serve you. Give us a call for your heating oil, air conditioner, and HVAC system needs at (855) 529-9635.